How can you protect yourself from COVID-19?
- Wash Your Hands Frequently
- Follow Good Respiratory Hygiene
- Practice Social Distancing
- Boost Your Immune System
- Supplements To Take During The Pandemic
These are challenging times for the world. There are currently more than 2 million confirmed cases of COVID-19 worldwide and the numbers are getting higher each day. In the midst of this global pandemic, cities and areas are shutting down and individuals are isolating themselves inside of their homes. The uncertainty surrounding this period can truly be frightening and you have probably wondered how to protect yourself from COVID-19.
Since there is no specific cure or vaccine for this infection, prevention is key. There are lots of things you can do to reduce your risk of contracting the virus. Here are some important tips that can help you protect your family and other loved ones from the outbreak. Do your part to flatten the curve with these simple steps:
Wash Your Hands Frequently
This tip has made the rounds on the internet over the past few months, and for good reason. Keeping your hands clean is the most important and effective way to avoid contracting the virus and spreading it to others. In fact, many diseases and conditions are spread by unclean hands.
You can never be too sure when touching or placing your hands on an object. It could have germs on it from someone’s cough or sneeze, or it could come into contact with some other contaminated object. The moment these germs get passed onto your hands and are not washed off, they can spread to you and others in your immediate vicinity. To break the chain, regularly wash your hands with soap and clean, running water for at least 30 seconds. If these are not accessible, an alcohol-based sanitizer will do.
Follow Good Respiratory Hygiene
Since the novel coronavirus is known to attack your respiratory system, the following infection and respiratory control measures should be highly implemented during these times. Here are respiratory hygiene tips that you and the people around you should follow:
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing
- Immediately dispose of the tissue after use in a trash can
- Perform frequent hand washing (especially after coughing, sneezing, going to the bathroom, and contact with respiratory secretions)
- Wear masks whenever going out
- Avoid touching your nose, eyes, or mouth
Practice Social Distancing
Community quarantine and isolation protocols are implemented for a reason. In the midst of this outbreak, limit non-essential travel and social gatherings. If you are in need to go outside to buy essentials, make sure to be cautious, and practice social distancing. Avoid visiting high-traffic areas and crowded places, especially if you are over 60 and have an underlying health condition. When you are outside, maintain a distance of at least 1 meter between yourself and any individual.
Boost Your Immune System
When it comes to fighting off those disease-causing bacteria, your immune system is what you should be strengthening. It is your first line of defense because its main function is to be a shield to those pesky microorganisms that want to enter your body. Keep it strong and healthy with these strategies:
- Put an end to your bad habits. Stop smoking and drinking excessively!
- Exercise regularly
- Get plenty of rest
- Stay hydrated
- Eat a well-balanced diet
- Take supplements to boost your immunity
Supplements To Take During The Pandemic
Arm yourself with immune-boosting vitamins and supplements for your overall health! We listed capable supplements from Puritan’s Pride that can help boost your immunity and other parts of the body. Choose from this list or explore more from our store:
- Vitamin C: one of the biggest immune-boosters of all and a powerful antioxidant
- Probiotics: inhibits the growth of harmful bacteria, improves immune response
- Vitamin D: decreases inflammation, minimizes risk of a Vitamin D deficiency, and may protect you against respiratory infections
- Vitamin E: powerful antioxidant, helps the body fight off infection
- Fish Oil: for heart health (especially those ages 60 and up) and overall health
The world is in a time of massive upheaval. As there are many things outside of our control, including how long COVID-19 will continue to affect the world, leaning on prevention is the best thing to do right now. These tips on how to protect yourself from COVID-19 are the best steps you can do to keep yourself safe. As Puritan’s Pride values your health and wellness, we are happy to supply you with immunity-boosters and supplements during these trying times.
Click here to start shopping!