What are the health benefits of superfood supplements?
- A source of antioxidants
- Loaded with essential nutrients
- Boosts your immune system
- Enhances your skin health
- Can reduce the risk of numerous diseases
A source of antioxidantsOur bodies contain numerous free radicals, which are natural byproducts of energy production. While free radicals have their role in a healthy body system, too much can wreak havoc on our organs. Most superfoods are a great source of antioxidants, which fight against these free radicals. They keep the levels of these byproducts in check, while also protecting your body from their adverse effects. Superfoods that are known for their high levels of antioxidants are turmeric and beetroot. Adding these ingredients to your daily diet can be tricky, but luckily Puritan’s Pride provides a simple solution to boost your antioxidant intake. Our beetroot and turmeric supplements allow you to enjoy the health benefits of these superfoods conveniently and quickly.
Loaded with essential nutrientsNutrients, such as vitamins, minerals, proteins, and fats are all essential for your body to continue running smoothly. Nutrients play key roles in everything your body does, from creating cells and internal structures to triggering hormone production, nutrients are the building blocks for every bodily function. Superfoods are high in these nutrients, and adding them to your diet is vital to promoting your overall health. Some examples of nutrient-dense superfoods are leafy greens and certain algae and seafood. One superfood you should look out for is Chlorella, which is a type of freshwater algae that is popular for its ability to provide high amounts of key nutrients. With chlorella, you get a good source of all the good stuff: plant enzymes, proteins, amino acids, vitamins, and Omega-3s. But where does one get chlorella? Currently, you can’t find it at the supermarket. This superfood is only found in supplement form, at Puritan’s Pride. Our chlorella supplements contain 500 mg of natural chlorella, which is a good source of nutrients that support overall health and wellness.
Boosts your immune systemThe high vitamin and mineral content found in some superfoods can also improve your body’s ability to fight off disease. This is because a high intake of vitamins and minerals greatly boosts one’s immune system. These superfoods can help protect you from pesky common colds, sinus infections, and even the flu. They also have a positive effect on your blood pressure and internal inflammation, which help keep your body in top shape. Without these effects, your body is more likely to succumb to viruses and infection. A superfood called ashwagandha is particularly effective at boosting your immunity to harmful microorganisms. Ashwagandha is a medicinal herb from India that has been likened to ginseng for its health benefits. Known as an adaptogen, it is extremely effective at fighting off the effects of stress and free radicals, as well as promoting the production of immune cells. By taking ashwagandha supplements from Puritan’s Pride, you can live a fuller life without worries!
Enhances your skin healthIncreasing your intake of healthy foods can make an impact on your skin. Superfoods can brighten your skin, improve elasticity, and prevent the formation of pimples. Many superfoods also contain vitamins that help reduce redness, puffiness, and the sagging of your skin. In short, certain superfoods can protect your skin from signs of premature aging and blemishes. One superfood known for its effect on skin health is rosehips, which are the fruit of a rose flower. These fruits are packed with nutrients that balance the immune system while keeping your skin healthy. As a result, it can protect against aging, and fight against skin conditions like acne, eczema, and dermatitis. Looking to add this to your diet? Puritan’s Pride has rosehip supplements that contain vitamin C and bioflavonoids, which boost this superfood’s health benefits.
Can reduce the risk of numerous diseasesMultiple studies have shown that superfoods packed with antioxidants and flavonoids help prevent diseases such as heart failure, cancer, brain degeneration, and other lifestyle-related conditions. The high levels of flavonoids in certain superfoods, particularly in berries, have been effective at lowering the risk of numerous diseases. These berries boast the following benefits:
- Acai berries: These are small, reddish-purple berries grown in South America. These berries contain high levels of amino acids and antioxidants, which decrease the risk of diseases caused by chronic inflammation.
- Blueberries: These berries are high in multiple nutrients: fiber, manganese, and vitamin K. These nutrients boost brain function, gut health, and protect against heart disease.
- Cranberries: Contain a specific flavonoid that helps reduce the risk of infection, particularly UTIs.
- Goji berries: A small red berry found in Asia. They are high in vitamin C and E, as well as multiple flavonoids. Goji berries are a popular component of eastern medicine for their ability to treat diabetes and high blood pressure, as well as maintain liver, eye, and kidney health.
- Raspberries: A good source of potassium, which is essential to heart function, and proven to lower blood pressure. They also contain omega-3 fatty acids which prevent the risk of stroke and heart disease.